The ability to adopt change faster, scalability and repeatability are the key challenges in digital transformation initiatives, which often magnifies the time, cost and associated risks in achieving the desired outcome.
Next gen Cloud CoE is essential for institutionalizing technology thought leadership and best practices (across people, process, information, and technology perspective) to help improve enterprise agility, adopt new ways of working, reduce cost to serve and thereby enabling additional investment driving innovation at scale.
In this POV, we will look at how Next gen Cloud CoE can influence faster digital transformation and Cloud Adoption.
As organizations embark on massive digital and cloud transformation journeys, we understand that ability to adopt change faster, predictability and repeatability are the key challenges which often magnifies the time, cost and associated risks in achieving the desired outcome. Our learnings from rich experience across multiple large-scale enterprise transformation prompts us to invest on building foundational platform capabilities like Next gen enabled Virtual Cloud CoE.
2 PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Enterprises shifting to the path digital transformation need changes in application delivery, modernization, and transformation to accelerate digital transformation.
Given below are some of the challenges
- Lack of Agility, Velocity, and accelerated innovation.
- Lack of repeatability, standardization, Adoption of Best practices, learnings
- Lack of Guidance
- Lack of Expert Connect
- Lack of Governance
- Time Consuming Learning Paths
Next Generation Cloud CoE Platform: Enterprises need a Next Generation Cloud CoE Platform, which is an abstracted as-a-service offering to address the above challenges that can help enterprises achieve agility, velocity and accelerated innovation.
As organizations adopt Cloud and move from lower level of maturity to higher level of maturity Next Gen Cloud Architecture CoE is essential for institutionalizing technology thought leadership and best practices (across people, process, information & technology perspective) to help improve enterprise agility, adopt new ways of working, reduce cost thereby enabling additional investment driving enterprise-wide innovation.
The Next Gen Cloud Architecture CoE will be augmented by Bots, cognitive capabilities, and immersive experiences and will act as a single pane of glass for governance, management, team collaboration and immersive experiences. It will have machine learning and AI embedded in it and Dashboards will surface key performance indicators with actionable insights. It will have a repository of artifacts, best practices, learnings, experiences, policies and KPIs. It will enable forums.
- Standardization: It helps in Streamlining Industry-proven practices and trends, Policies, KPIs, Reference Architectures, Platform / Foundation Services. It helps in establishing and promoting best practices, tools and Consistence Use of Technology and suggesting the right patterns and practices. It helps in providing Platform/ Common services so that individual teams can focus on building the business logic.
- Virtualization, Cognitive Capabilities: It helps in providing self service capabilities which includes an AI enabled Knowledge Framework for Collaboration with Cognitive capabilities like Cognitive Search, Bots. Immersive experiences with academy to learn will help in providing the right training. With the help of inbuilt cognitive capabilities, it will help suggest the right artifacts be it best practices, guidelines, checklist, reference architectures. It also has an element of gamification which helps in motivating users to contribute to the Knowledge Hub.
- Virtualize: It has virtualized Communities, Forums, Architect and Expert Bots help in bringing in efficiency.
- Self-Service, Self-Learning: It helps in providing easy to use self-service portal and actionable Insights, providing the right recommendations and alerts, Cost Transparency and Optimization based on the experiences incurred from similar customer engagements.
Self-Learning Base Framework:
Given below is the self-learning base framework that helps in building the AI ML based framework:
It helps in providing an AI enabled Knowledge Framework for Collaboration with Cognitive capabilities like Cognitive Search, Bots. Immersive experiences with academy to learn will help in providing the right training. With the help of inbuilt cognitive capabilities, it will help suggest the right artifacts be it best practices, guidelines, checklist, reference architectures. It also has an element of gamification which helps in motivating users to contribute.
- Patterns: Various Patterns and best practices are identified and surfaced in a contextual manner.
- Artifacts: Library of Runbooks, Guidebooks and Best practices helps in getting information very easy thus enabling easier Onboarding of a new person.
- Learning Modules: Recommended learning modules helps in more dedicated focus on the areas of improvement/focus.
- Communities, Forums: “Ask an Expert” allows questions sent to people within the direct team but also extended to wider team of designated thought leaders in Accenture. It provides a vibrant community capability to post ideas and questions and Informal Knowledge is also captured. Rated responses surface the best answers.
- Bots: Bots help surface information from various repositories as well as connect to experts through channels like MS Teams.
- Search powered by Cloud Cognitive Services: It provides contextual findings and improves itself through self-learning and built-in recommendation system.
Sample use case: Given below is a sample scenario where virtual Cloud CoE can help in accelerated modernization:
Cloud Virtual CoE helps in enabling communities, the systems being intuitive and cognitive, innovative, and personalized. It enables knowledge sharing with Bots suggesting the right artefacts, connects- understands routines, behaviors and suggests relevant information for meetings, gives suggestions for optimizing time enabling better productivity.
To enable an accelerated adoption of Cloud we would recommend leveraging Cloud CoE aided by next gen capabilities like bots, immersive experiences, and other cognitive capabilities. This will help in accelerated adoption, reduced time to market, reduced risk and economy at scale.
It helps in rapid prototyping, thought leadership, guidance, innovation, reliability, standardization, predictability, and repeatability providing actionable insights thus enabling 2x Reduction in cycle time improving product speed to market, 2x Improved Productivity and Predictability, 2x Increase quality of business value delivery and Risk Reduction.
I would like to thank Venkata Guru Prasad Kandarpi for helping in refining the thought process presented in this POV.
Rekha can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org